No one Would doubt the fact that the incident of fire outbreaks in most homes occur as a result of carelessness.There are also some innocuous looking things in our household that we pay less attention to, yet they pose more threat to our personal safety than we actually realize.
Not completely extinguishing the splinter from a cigarette could cause some unforeseen disaster.
Don’t place appliances too close together.
Exothermic reactions happens to all things in the universe. All physical matters generates heats when undergoing activities -this is a principle of physics nothing can defy. Home appliances generate heat when they are in action, it is better to create enough space between them in order for the heat to diffuse effectively into the surrounding.
Not Dusting your home appliances
Dust are fine particles that can easily clog around any little space, they can prevent ventilation from reaching the inner environment of the electric appliances.
Check your tumble dryer for lint.
Lints are the visible accumulation of textile fibers and other materials, usually found on and around clothing. Lint can accumulate around the air vent of home dryers, preventing heat from diffusing out of the dryer into the environment. When this happens the dryer becomes too hot that it can easily burst into flames.
Overloading extension cords.
Extension cords are a common and convenient way to bring power to electrical devices. But used without proper caution, they can become fire hazards and pose risks to your personal safety.
Other tips for fire safety include;
. Don’t leave electrical equipment unattended to when they are on.
. Never walk away when you’re cooking.
. Don’t leave candles unattended.