Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed, cupcakes make it worthwhile
Coffee is not a substitute for energy, energy is a substitute for coffee. Coffee is let's face it far more reliable than men. Everyone knows how important coffee is to kick start our day. Being a coffee lover I have tried all kinds of coffees from all across the world be it a latte, espresso, cappuccino, ice blended, white chocolate, black coffee but the Cuban coffee has my heart. It is served in a small cup and is two times stronger than the American coffee. The coffee is brewed the same way and sweetened with sugar along with several spoons of milk.
Coffee for the west is like tea for the east. Everyone needs coffee to keep them moving. People hang out and order coffee. People are on the go they order coffee. People stay in and make coffee. With coffee comes countless eatables that go well in the taste. Coffee is a delicious drink to sip along with food. Here are a few deadly combos
Fruits with stones; plum, apricot, peaches, avocado etc. either fresh or used in baked products
- Chocolates; white, black Belgium, Swiss etc.
- Cookies; chocolate chip and raisin oatmeal cookies are most famous
- Biscotti; almond biscotti are a classic whereas chocolate, cherry, and other flavors are also worth trying
- Chocolate dipped fruits especially cherries are considered a great treat with coffee
- Chocolate fudge brownies
- Fruit tarts taste exceptional with dark roasted Belgium coffee
- Cinnamon Buns
- Cakes; chocolate and coffee flavors are classic other flavors to try are buttercream, orange, carrot, vanilla, red velvet etc.
- Scones; commonly paired with tea are not very popular with coffees but they taste great either they are unflavored or fruit scones or maple raisin scones.
- Coffee bread
- Muffins; blueberry, classic, chocolate chunky etc.
- Crepes; apart from the sweet Nutella or berry crepes, savory crepes with meat, cheese, herbs, and vegetables are mind-blowing when paired with coffee
- Eggs and sausages
- Toasts; grainy treats like toasts and cereals also pair well with coffee
Though every muffin in the world is perfect if you have a sweet tooth. And though it is the safest and the perfect combination to have, it might get tricky sometimes to decide which muffin to pair up with which coffee. As there are as many flavors of muffins as there are of coffee. So we bring you some of the best pairs tried and tested in the world.
- Espresso with pistachio-flavored cupcake
- Chocolate cupcake goes well with black coffee
- The classic blueberry cupcake with a macchiato
- Cappuccino tastes best with a double chocolate cupcake
- Americano and red velvet cupcakes go hand in hand
- Latte also pairs best with black forest
- Frappe can be enjoyed with a walnut cupcake
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Ground coffee Cuban style
- Add water to fill the bottom of your Moka Pot
- Add coffee to fill the top of the filter and level it using a knife or your finger
- Attach the filter to the pot
- At a medium flame heat the Moka Pot
- Allow the water to boil in the pot
- Meanwhile, add one tbsp. of sugar in each cup
- Add one tbsp. of coffee with the sugar and mix well till it forms a thick paste
- Pour the remaining brewed coffee into the cups and serve.
Prep time: 30-45 min
serving: 12-14 cupcakes
- Cup flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- cup oil
- cup milk
- Vanilla essence
Ore heat the oven at 350 degrees
- Line the cupcake tray with cupcake liners. It is suggested to line up two cupcake trays as the mixture can make up to 14 cupcakes
- Mix all dry ingredients i.e. flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in a bowl until well mixed and set aside
- Now whisk the eggs and vanilla essence in another bowl until smooth
- Add half of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with half of the milk and whisk well. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients by adding the leftover milk and eggs to the batter
- Scope or spoon the batter in the liners halfway so that they don't spill while baking
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until they are well done. You can insert a toothpick inside a cupcake and consider them done if the toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cook and then serve with your choice of frosting
For your Coffee products and recipes, Visit https://www.coffeestrong.org/