The chaotic nature of life has made a lot of people becomes Ajayi worker i.e. we work from morning till dawn in a bit to pick up our bills. We get stressed from struggling to get up on time to getting to bus station to catch a bus on time down to getting to work on time and lastly being able to finish the scheduled work for the day.
Most times by the time we get started for the day, the head is already full; we juggle everything from online to offline work and most times this continuous stress take a toll on our bodies and health. We get home most night really stressed out, our body aching and eyes dim. We become so tired and all we look out for is how to de-stress ourselves and have a fulfilled rest and sleep.
The health and safety executive says around 9.9 million working days are lost each year to stress, depression and anxiety. Even the NHS says psychological problems including stress, anxiety and depression are reasons behind one in five visits to GP.
According to an online research, it is necessary that we de-stress ourselves as early as possible if we do not want to go through the following:
Research as shown that stresses that continues without relief can lead to a condition called distress negative stress reaction
Distresses can lead to physical problems including headaches, upset stomach, elevated blood pressure, chest pain and trouble sleeping.
Stress can worsen certain symptoms and diseases.
Stress can become harmful when people turn to alcohol, tobacco or drugs to relieve stress. Because these substances tend to keep the body in a stressed state and cause more problems.
it is necessary then, that we find an out outlet to let out the steam after a hard day at work to avoid the above health and otherwise problems. We don't need to break a bank to achieve this, it's all about naturally following a natural routine and so that you be refreshed and energized the next day. The below natural tips can keep you on the right track to de-stressing yourself.
1. Soak your feet in a warm water said body therapists, these would help soothe your tired feet and relax the nerves, you could do these with other activities, So as to keep them in for a long time.
2. Take a refreshing bath: this is one natural ways to relieve stress after a hard day at work. This will calmly soothe your senses and calm all nerves. So all what you need is to go under your shower or fill your tub with water and jump in and feel the stress slipping away.
3. Turn on some soothing music: are you a lover of music or even if you are not, you could just carry out this ritual to soothe your nerves and release tension after a hard day's work after a nice bath, you could soak your feet in a warm water and be listening to your music, remember music is like food to the soul.
4. Relax your body by laying still: nothing de-stress the body like lying still while relaxing all the body part so to keep the entire body in sync, try to relax especially the overworked body part like the eyes, hands and legs. Like the eyes you can keep it closed for a while, while stretching the legs to lose tension.
5. Get to sleep early: stress managers have opined that the most naturally ways of relieving stress is taking the 8 hrs sleep as recommended by experts, nothing recharge our energy for a new day like sleep, so go get a nice night rest to relax the nerves by sleeping.
6. Avoid chaotic environment and places: this is another good thing you could do for the body, get yourself from environment or places that bring enormous stress.
You could always try the above listed out tips to help you be in a relaxed mood. How do you unwind after a hard day's work. Share with us in the comments section.