Many people think phobias are just fears, but they're actually more serious than that. A phobia is an anxiety disorder defined as a long-lasting fear of an object or situation.
We list you some phobias you may not have heard of.
1. Pentheraphobia: Fear of you mother-in-law.
2. Scriptophobia: Fear of writing in public.
3. Hylophobia: The fear of trees or forests.
4. Ombrophobia: The fear of rain.
5. Myrmecophobia: The fear of ants.
6. Ephebiphobia: Fear of young people.
7. Genuphobia: Fear of knees/kneeling
Alright here is a list of 100 most popular phobias
1. Arachnophobia - The fear of spiders affects women four times more (48% women and 12% men).
2. Ophidiophobia - The fear of snakes. Phobics avoid certain cities because they have more snakes.
3. Acrophobia - The fear of heights. Five percent of the general population suffer from this phobia.
4. Agoraphobia - The fear of open or crowded spaces. People with this fear often wont leave home.
5. Cynophobia - The fear of dogs. This includes everything from small Poodles to large Great Danes.
6. Astraphobia - The fear of thunder/lightning AKA Brontophobia, Tonitrophobia, Ceraunophobia.
7. Claustrophobia - The fear of small spaces like elevators, small rooms and other enclosed spaces.
8. Mysophobia - The fear of germs. It is also rightly termed as Germophobia or Bacterophobia.Trypophobia
9. Aerophobia - The fear of flying. 25 million Americans share a fear of flying.
10. Trypophobia - The fear of holes is an unusual but pretty common phobia.
11. Carcinophobia - The fear of cancer. People with this develop extreme diets.
12. Thanatophobia - The fear of death. Even talking about death can be hard.
13. Glossophobia - The fear of public speaking. Not being able to do speeches.
14. Monophobia - The fear of being alone. Even while eating and/or sleeping.
15. Atychiphobia - The fear of failure. It is the single greatest barrier to success.
16. Ornithophobia - The fear of birds. Individuals suffering from this may only fear certain species.
17. Alektorophobia - The fear of chickens. You may have this phobia if chickens make you panic.
18. Enochlophobia - The fear of crowds is closely related to Ochlophobia and Demophobia.Trypanophobia
19. Aphenphosmphobia - The fear of intimacy. Fear of being touched and love.
20. Trypanophobia - The fear of needles. I used to fear needles (that and death).
21. Anthropophobia - The fear of people. Being afraid of people in all situations.
22. Aquaphobia - The fear of water. Being afraid of water or being near water.
23. Autophobia - The fear of abandonment and being abandoned by someone.
24. Hemophobia - The fear of blood. Even the sight of blood can cause fainting.
25. Gamophobia - The fear of commitment or sticking with someone to the end.
26. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - The fear of long words. Believe it or not, it's real.
27. Xenophobia - The fear of the unknown. Fearing anything or anyone that is strange or foreign.Achievemephobia
28. Vehophobia - The fear of driving. This phobia affects personal and work life.
29. Basiphobia - The fear of falling. Some may even refuse to walk or stand up.
30. Achievemephobia - The fear of success. The opposite to the fear of failure.
31. Theophobia - The fear of God causes an irrational fear of God or religion.
32. Ailurophobia - The fear of cats. This phobia is also known as Gatophobia.
33. Metathesiophobia - The fear of change. Sometimes change is a good thing.
34. Globophobia - The fear of balloons. They should be fun, but not for phobics.
35. Nyctophobia - The fear of darkness. Being afraid of the dark or the night is common for kids.
36. Androphobia - The fear of men. Usually seen in younger females, but it can also affect adults.
37. Phobophobia - The fear of fear. The thought of being afraid of objects/situations.
38. Philophobia - The fear of love. Being scared of falling in love or emotions.
39. Triskaidekaphobia - The fear of the number 13 or the bad luck that follows.
40. Emetophobia - The fear of vomiting and the fear of loss of your self control.
41. Gephyrophobia - The fear of bridges and crossing even the smallest bridge.
42. Entomophobia - The fear of bugs and insects, also related to Acarophobia.
43. Lepidopterophobia - The fear of butterflies and often most winged insects.
44. Panophobia - The fear of everything or fear that terrible things will happen.
45. Podophobia - The fear of feet. Some people fear touching or looking at feet, even their own.
46. Paraskevidekatriaphobia - The fear of Friday the 13th. About 8% of Americans have this phobia.
47. Somniphobia - The fear of sleep. Being terrified of what might happen right after you fall asleep.
48. Gynophobia - The fear of women. May occur if you have unresolved mother issues.Koumpounophobia
49. Apiphobia - The fear of bees. Many people fear being stung by angry bees.
50. Koumpounophobia - The fear of buttons. Clothes with buttons are avoided.
51. Anatidaephobia - The fear of ducks. Somewhere, a duck is watching you.
52. Pyrophobia - The fear of fire. A natural/primal fear that can be debilitating.
53. Ranidaphobia - The fear of frogs. Often caused by episodes from childhood.
54. Galeophobia - The fear of sharks in the ocean or even in swimming pools.
55. Athazagoraphobia - The fear of being forgotten or not remembering things.
56. Katsaridaphobia - The fear of cockroaches. This can easily lead to an excessive cleaning disorder.
57. Iatrophobia - The fear of doctors. Do you delay doctor visits? You may have this.
58. Pediophobia - The fear of dolls. This phobia could well be Chucky-induced.
59. Ichthyophobia - The fear of fish. Includes small, large, dead and living fish.
60. Achondroplasiaphobia - The fear of midgets. Because they look differently.
61. Mottephobia - The fear of moths. These insects are only beautiful to some.
62. Zoophobia - The fear of animals. Applies to both vile and harmless animals.
63. Bananaphobia - The fear of bananas. If you have this phobia, they are scary.
64. Sidonglobophobia - The fear of cotton balls or plastic foams. Oh that sound.
65. Scelerophobia - The fear of crime involves being afraid of burglars, attackers or crime in general.
66. Cibophobia - The fear of food. The phobia may come from a bad episode while eating, like choking.
67. Phasmophobia - The fear of ghosts. AKA Spectrophobia. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!
68. Equinophobia - The fear of horses. Animal phobias are pretty common, especially for women.
69. Musophobia - The fear of mice. Some people find mice cute, but phobics don't.Catoptrophobia
70. Catoptrophobia - The fear of mirrors. Being afraid of what you might see.
71. Agliophobia - The fear of pain. Being afraid something painful will happen.
72. Tokophobia - The fear of pregnancy involves giving birth or having children.
73. Telephonophobia - The fear of talking on the phone. Phobics prefer texting.
74. Pogonophobia - The fear of beards or being scared of/around bearded men.
75. Omphalophobia - The fear of belly buttons. Touching and looking at navels.
76. Pseudodysphagia - The fear of choking often after a bad eating experience.
77. Bathophobia - The fear of depths can be anything associated with depth (lakes, tunnels, caves).
78. Cacomorphobia - The fear of fat people. Induced by the media. Affects some anorexics/bulimics.
79. Gerascophobia - The fear of getting old. Aging is the most natural thing, yet many of us fear it.
80. Chaetophobia - The fear of hair. Phobics tend to be afraid of other peoples hair.
81. Nosocomephobia - The fear of hospitals. Let's face it, no one likes hospitals.
82. Ligyrophobia - The fear of loud noises. More than the instinctive noise fear.
83. Didaskaleinophobia - The fear of school. This phobia affects kids mostly.
84. Technophobia - The fear of technology is often induced by culture/religion.
85. Chronophobia - The fear of the future. A persistent fear of what is to come.
86. Spheksophobia - The fear of wasps. You panic and fear getting stung by it.
87. Ergophobia - The fear of work. Often due to social or performance anxiety.
88. Coulrophobia - The fear of clowns. Some people find clowns funny, coulrophobics certainly don't.
89. Allodoxaphobia - The fear of opinions. Being afraid of hearing what others are thinking of you.
90. Samhainophobia - The fear of Halloween affects children/superstitious people.Samhainophobia
91. Photophobia - The fear of light caused by something medical or traumatic.
92. Disposophobia - The fear of getting rid of stuff triggers extreme hoarding.
93. Numerophobia - The fear of numbers and the mere thought of calculations.
94. Ombrophobia - The fear of rain. Many fear the rain due to stormy weather.
95. Coasterphobia - The fear of roller coasters. Ever seen Final Destination 3?
96. Thalassophobia - The fear of the ocean. Water, waves and unknown spaces.
97. Scoleciphobia - The fear of worms. Often because of unhygienic conditions.
98. Kinemortophobia - The fear of zombies. Being afraid that zombies attack and turn you into them.
99. Myrmecophobia - The fear of ants. Not as common as Arachnophobia, but may feel just as intense.
100. Taphophobia - The fear of being buried alive by mistake and waking up in a coffin underground.
Make Your Office Feel More Like Home With These Tips
The Best and Worst Parts of Weekends
Top 5 Craziest Party Hotspots In The World
7 Best Travel Destinations For Seniors & Retirees In 2021
6 Most Adventurous Things to Do In Michigan
Russia marks 76 years since World War II - end of the siege of Leningrad
Do Spy Cams at The Workplace Really Work for Business Success?