Garlic is known to have a lot health benefits, however, a lot of people tend to abstain from it because of the smell it has, it is our pleasure to let you know that you can enjoy as much garlic as you want and remove the smell from our mouth by chewing a sprig or three of parsley. Obiaks Blog present to you, the health benefits of garlic;
1. Garlic has been found to assist babies to gain weight while they are in the womb.
Yes that's right. Garlic assist babies in the gain weight. So if you are the kind of woman that doesn't eat much but like fat babies, then Garlic can help you achieve this.
NB: However, when a baby has too much weight when still in the womb can cause complications during delivery.
2. Garlic strengthens the immune system as well as helps to fight chest infections, coughs and congestion.
Garlic is a great food to boost your immune system and ward off colds and flu. An old folk remedy is to eat a clove of garlic that has been dipped in honey at the first sign of a cold.
3. Garlic contains high levels of iodine which makes it a very effective treatment for hyperthyroid conditions.
Yes that's very correct. Iodine is an essential mineral, that the body needs. Goitre can be caused by lack of iodine, and garlic as this essential mineral is surplus. Grab a Garlic today.
Treatment with garlic has been shown to greatly improve this condition.
4. Scurvy is treated by vitamin C and garlic contains good levels of vitamin C too.
5. It helps the male genetalia.
Impotency has long been thought to benefit from doses of garlic, and treatment continues in many communities to this day. Why not try treating yourself with garlic for several months before you head off to the doctor for that Viagra prescription?
6. Cardiovascular disease can be reduced by ingesting garlic.
LDL cholesterol is no friend of garlic and the aortic plaque deposits that gather on the walls of your body’s veins can be reduced with the use of garlic too. Studies have shown the amazing benefits of taking garlic in relation to heart disease.
7. Fungal and bacterial vaginal infections are toast when treated with garlic!
When crushed or bruised, garlic releases Allicin which is a sulphuric compound that is a natural antibiotic.
8. Garlic is a great source of vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is needed for a healthy immune system and the efficient growth of new cells, it can also assist with mood swings and improve your cheery disposition!
9. Garlic can aid in the prevention of multiple types of cancer.
Bladder cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and stomach cancer have all been shown to have their tumors reduced when treated with garlic. Vitamin B6 is said to have cancer fighting abilities.
10. Garlic regulates blood sugar as it enhances the level of insulin in the blood.
This may assist in the control of diabetes. Seek medical advice if you believe the use of garlic could help your condition.